George Westinghouse College Prep accepts a limited number of transfer students each year based on space availability. The GWCP Admissions Office considers transfer student applications at the end of each school year for rising students in grades 10-12 and at the end of the 1st semester for students in grades 10 and 11. GWCP does not typically admit freshman transfer students nor mid-year senior transfers.
We are currently accepting transfer applications.
To Transfer into George Westinghouse College Prep:
1. Complete the transfer application attached below.
2. Submit updated transcript.
Note: Please wait until most recent semester grades are finalized and on transcript.
3. Standardized test scores. The current school should have access to all scores.
· Rising 10th Graders: Submit 9th grade PSAT scores
· Rising 11th Graders: Submit 10th grade PSAT scores
· Rising 12th Graders: Submit SAT or ACT scores
4. Submit a full attendance report.
5. Submit required essay. See the application for the prompt.
6. If admitted, please submit a copy of the Individualized Education Plan (if applicable)
To submit a complete application:
· Drop it off at the school Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
· Mail to:
George Westinghouse College Prep
Attn: Rebecca Miller, Admissions Director
3223 W. Franklin Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60624
· Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please do not submit an application at multiple times. Submit all documents at one time to expedite turnaround time.
· Please allow 3 weeks (during the summer) and 2 weeks (for semester transfers) to review applications.
· A GWCP representative will contact you via email once a decision has been made.
Acceptance to GWCP is contingent on successful completion of the current course work, any requested Summer School courses, and receipt of final official transcripts.